1.5.15

monthly QUOTE: may




'The trip was easy. It was no more dangerous than crossing the street, 
or driving to the beach, or eating peanuts. The two important things that 
I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, 
and that the most difficult part of any endeavour is taking the first step,
making the first decision.'
                                                  Robyn Davidson


when i visited Australia in 1990 i read the book 
'Tracks' by Robyn Davidson
since than i have been reading it several times
and Australia became one of the inspirations for my work

4 opmerkingen:

  1. thank you for this wonderful quote!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Dear Patrice! I've been wanting to read her book ever since I watched the movie Tracks several months ago (one of the best films I've watched in a very long time), I'm so happy to know this book is one you re-visit, it tells me it must me good! I have a quote from her that has stayed with me too. Happy May Day! xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. the quote is a good reminder of the processes we go through when going through difficulty or change. to trust oneself and act. thxs! n♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this Patrice.

    That first step ... it's a killer. I've been trying to decide a lot of things lately and I reckon sometimes what works best is to just stop thinking and leap.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Blogarchief

Volgers